T20 World Cup: Hardik Pandya’s pain spilled after India’s victory, said- ‘My last 6 months…’ – Hardik Pandya’s first reaction after India beat South Africa in T20 world cup: How my last 6 months were not spoken by a word, Surya Kumar Yadav

Bridgetown. India won the T20 World Cup by defeating South Africa by seven runs. After winning the toss and batting first, India set a target of 177 runs for South Africa. In reply, South Africa could only score 169 runs. India won the title match by seven runs. India ended the World Cup drought after 13 years. With this victory, Virat Kohli retired from T20 international cricket and said that the time has come for the next generation to take over.

Hardik Pandya took Klaasen’s wicket and brought India back in the match. As soon as Klaasen’s wicket fell, Team India took control of the match. Hardik Pandya bowled the last over of the match. South Africa needed 16 runs to win. David Miller hit a powerful shot on Pandya’s ball but Surya Kumar Yadav changed the course of the match by taking an impossible catch on the boundary line.

After the victory, Hardik Pandya also expressed his pain. He said, ‘This victory is very special. I am very emotional. We were working very hard but nothing was working. But today we have achieved what the whole country wanted. The most special thing is that I did not say a single word about how my last six months passed. I knew that if I keep working hard then one day I will shine again.’

Pandya further said, ‘Such an occasion is even more special. We have always believed that victory is achieved only by implementing the plan properly, staying calm during the match and not crumbling under pressure. The entire credit for this goes to Bumrah and other bowlers who bowled well in the last 5 overs. I wanted to give my 100 percent on every ball. I always like playing under pressure. I am most happy for Rahul Dravid.’

Tags: Hardik Pandya, ICC T20 world cup, Surya Kumar Yadav

Related articles