T20 World Cup: Half-centuries and centuries don’t matter… Why did Rohit Sharma say this?

New Delhi. Rohit Sharma showed his fierce form in the Super-8 match of T20 World Cup on Monday. The Indian captain played a strong innings of 92 runs in 41 balls against Australia in this match. India scored 205 runs due to his innings. After this, India won the match by 24 runs due to the strong performance of the bowlers. Australia could only score 181 runs for seven wickets.

Indian captain Rohit Sharma was chosen the Player of the Match. When asked the secret of his explosive batting, he said, ‘When you play with an open mind and don’t think about just one shot, you can score runs anywhere on the field. It was a great pitch. You want to pick the line quickly and then prepare yourself to play the shot. I have been trying to do this for the last several years. I am happy that it was possible today.’

Rohit Sharma said on a question, ‘Half-centuries and centuries do not matter. I just wanted to bat in the same style as I have been doing. You want to score big. I was successful in doing that today.’

Regarding batting in strong winds, Rohit said, ‘I thought from the first over itself that there is a strong wind blowing. They (Australia) changed their plan and bowled against the wind. So I felt that I would have to play shots on the off side as well. You have to take care of the wind as well and understand that the bowlers are also smart and shots have to be played on all sides of the field.’

FIRST PUBLISHED : June 25, 2024, 05:45 IST

Related articles